How to Manage a Chapter
The IEEE Membership and Geographic Activities (MGA) department provides a treasure trove of advice for managing chapters:
Essential Information for Chapter Chairs
- Reference Guide
- Required Reporting
- Chapters are required to record at least 2 meetings each year to be considered active. Groups with fewer than 2 per year for two successive years may be designated for rejuvenation.
- Chapters are also expected to record officer changes.
- To report a chapter meeting via IEEE vTools: http://tinyurl.com/93xfvfw
- To report officer changes via IEEE vTools: http://officers.vtools.ieee.org/
- To ask IEEE staff to enter meeting or officer information for you, email:
scs-officer-report -at- ieee.org
IEEE Chapter-Level Services
- IEEE Distinguished Lecture Program
Organized at the Society level, the IEEE DL program supplies IEEE chapters and sections with speakers for technical meetings; travel costs incurred by SSCS DLs are reimbursed by the Society.
IEEE Electronic Tools for Chapters
IEEE Membership Development
To order a kit, simply enter your IEEE web account username and password into the online form. If you don't remember your user name or password, contact the IEEE Contact Center for help. Please note that only IEEE members may receive membership promotion kits.