For IEEE Solid-State Circuits Magazine, pre-arranged feature authors and tutorial authors should submit articles as follows:
1. source file for the text (such as Tex or Word; we accept any format with the exception of page layout programs)
2. source file for the figures with the figured named as fig1, fig2a, etc. (such as tif, jpeg, eps)
3. pdf of the text and of the figures (in the event that there is a problem with the source files)
4. contact information for the corresponding author (e-mail, mailing address with complete street information, telephone number)
5. signed IEEE copyright form (the form can be found at www.ieee.org/web/publications/rights/copyrightmain.html)
More details on graphic and text submission standards can be found: IEEE Author Center
Please note that a Magazine article differs from a technical paper which is prepared for Transaction status. Magazine articles are less apt to contain abstracts, keywords, conclusions and references, though suggested "further readings" are quite common. However certain articles on historic fundamentals may be more useful with these formatting details. Please inquire of the editor-in-chief with any questions. Also, as Solid-State Circuits Magazine is a four-color publication, we prefer that articles be accompanied with graphics, photos, screen captures, etc. to enhance their content. Authors are advised to stay within any page or word limit indicated by the editor acquiring your manuscript. In general articles are less than 6 magazine pages, corresponding to approximately 5,000 words, including graphics. To submit text single-column, double-spaced format is preferred. Submittal may be via e-mail or CD with all of the above elements included. Articles will be forwarded to IEEE Magazines, where it will be edited and produced. Prior to publication, you will receive a review copy of your edited text for final approval.
Letters to the Editor may be edited for clarity and brevity.
FEATURE AUTHORS to Leo Belostotski, Editor-in-chief
AUTHORS of NEWS ARTICLES: Abira Sengupta, News Editor