IEEE Solid-State Circuits Magazine
Written at a tutorial level and in an informal style, the Magazine features articles on technical milestones, current trends and future developments by leaders from industry, academia and government, and is a one-stop shop for news about people and events in the global IC world.
Archived issues of the SSCS Newsletter may be found on the SSCS About Us/History webpage:
The Solid-State Circuits Magazine is hosted in IEEEXplore allowing
- articles to be found with searches through Xplore and Google Scholar,
- free access to SSCS Members. Use your IEEE Web account to logon when asked.
Join the SSCS and receive the Solid-State Circuits Magazine quarterly by mail, free of charge
Add to My Alerts to sign-up for Solid-State Circuits Magazine e-mail alerts.
Information for Potential Authors:
- For suggestions of topics on important fundamentals in the advancement of integrated or subject matter experts to recommend as feature authors, please submit your article via the IEEE SSC-MAG AUTHOR PORTAL.
- To contribute news articles about noteworthy people and places, please provide your ideas to Danielle Marinese, Magazine News Editor.
- IEEE Access
- IEEE App
- Welcome to the Winter 2024 Issue of IEEE Solid-State Circuits Magazine! [Editor’s Note]
- AdCom Update: 2024 Initiative Projects Supporting the SSCS Strategic Plan [President’s Corner]
- The Design of a Biquadratic Filter [The Analog Mind]
- “The Reciprocity Theorem” [Circuit Intuitions]
- Accuracy or Affectation: Are there too many digits in your work? [Shop Talk: What you didn’t Learn in School]
- IEEE Proceedings
- The Beginning of DVI and HDMI: How I Untangled the Audio/Video Cables for High-Definition Displays
- The Journey Towards the Creation of HDMI: How a serial interface used in a UC Berkeley SPUR project in the 1980’s became a household brand
- The Early Days of Prof. Deog-Kyoon Jeong’s Lab: Looking back at the 32-year journey with a visionary who reinvented display interfaces
- Daring to Put 400 Spiral Inductors on a Chip: Deog-Kyoon Jeong’s inspiration and encouragement that made the impossible possible
- Gordon Moore’s Journey: “Moore’s law” dissected
- SSCS Circuit Analysis and Design Contest: The Winners of the 2023 Edition [Society News]
- Q&A With SSCS Women in Circuits [Society News]
- ESSCIRC 2023 Circuit Insights: The First of Its Kind in Europe [Society News]
- Bram Nauta Wins the NWO Stevin Prize [Society News]
- SSCS PICO Chronicles: Global Open-Source Initiatives Next Steps and Outreach [Society News]