Welcome to the SSCS Industry News, where we will bring you the latest trends in semiconductor design and manufacturing, as well as applications for our products. We hope you will find this useful as an SSCS member. We are looking forward for your feedback at email@example.com.
Stefan Rusu, TSMC North America
Industry Leader Profile - Andreia Cathelin
Andreia Cathelin (M’04, SM’11) started her electronic studies at the Polytechnic Institute of Bucarest, Romania and graduated from the Institut Supérieur d’Electronique du Nord (ISEN), Lille, France in 1994. In 1998 and 2013 respectively, she received her PhD and “habilitation à diriger des recherches” (France's highest academic degree) from the Université de Lille 1, France.
In 1997, she worked at Info Technologies, Gradignan, France, working on analog and RF communications design. Since 1998, she has been with STMicroelectronics, Crolles, France, now in Technology R&D, as a Senior Member of the Technical Staff. Her major fields of interest are in the area of RF/mmW/THz systems for communications and imaging. She is leading and driving research in such advanced topics by supervising internal company PhD’s and through cooperation with major universities around the world. She has also managed activities in the ST-CMP operation (the CMP is an independent organization offering small series foundry services for SME and research institutes). Finally she actively supports the promotion of all advanced technologies developed in the company.
Andreia is serving on several IEEE conferences and committees. She has been active with ISSCC for several years. In 2011 as a TPC member, RF sub-committee chair from 2012 to 2015, and currently Forums Chair and member of the Executive Committee. She is a member of the ESSCIRC TPC since 2005. Since September 2013, Andreia has been on the Steering Committee of the ESSCIRC-ESSDERC conferences, and she is currently the SC Chair. She is as well member of the experts’ team of the AERES (French Evaluation Agency for Research and Higher Education). She has been on the Technical Program Committees of VLSI Symposium on Circuits from 2010 till 2016, serving in 2016 as an officer. She has been Guest Editor of the IEEE JSSC Special Issue on VLSI Symposium in April 2016.
She has authored and co-authored 100 technical papers and 4 book chapters, and has filed more than 25 patents. Andreia is a co-recipient of the ISSCC 2012 Jan Van Vessem Award for Outstanding European Paper and of the ISSCC 2013 Jack Kilby Award for Outstanding Student Paper. She is also the winner of the 2012 STMicroelectronics Technology Council Innovation Prize.
The 60GHz transceiver test-chip resulting of a joint research between STMicroelectronics and CEA-Leti to which Andreia has actively participated has been selected as cover photo for the International Seventh Edition (Oxford University Press 2016) of the famous Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith Microelectronics Circuits book.
She is an elected member of the IEEE SSCS Adcom for the term January 2015 to December 2017.
Outside of work, Andreia has numerous hobbies: hiking and skiing with her family, spending precious family time in cultural trips around the world, and finally singing in a choir.
- If Intel skips 10nm desktop CPUs to get to 7nm, they could be delayed until 2022 - Digital Trends
- Interrupting bias in AI boils down to the data - Portland Business Journal
- Oracle shareholders claim coverup as Ellison, Catz balk at discovery - Reuters
- IBM (IBM) Q3 Earnings on Deck as Earnings Season Gets Underway - Nasdaq
- IBM Stock Looks Primed for a Big Blue Rally - TheStreet.com
- A look at Intel's big-picture AI on 7nm - FierceElectronics
- A10 Networks Receives Intel® Network Builders Winners' Circle Leaders Board Award for 5G and NFVi Innovation - Business Wire
- AMD Stock Is Finally Beating Intel - Investorplace.com
- 5G needs to happen faster in India: Intel executive - Gadgets Now
- Giving Back on our 9th Day of Service - Samsung Newsroom US
Internet of Things
- IoT in Health Care Webinar - 2019-10-14 - Page 1 - RFID Journal
- New solution cuts down IoT development time by 75% - IT Brief New Zealand
- Telchemy Teams with Knowi for IoT Endpoint Analytics - Yahoo Finance
- Mavericks Renewables Selects Procurant for Greenhouse IoT Solution - Business Wire
- How IoT Is Shaping the Future of Risk Management in Tunneling - Tunneling Business Magazine
- Google Pay will soon work with major public transit cards - Engadget
- Google’s Nest Mini looks basically identical to original Home Mini in new leak - The Verge
- Does Google Define 'Parasite' as a 'Capitalist'? - Snopes.com
- How This Founder Grew A Moonshot Project At Google X Into A Million-Dollar Geothermal Business - Forbes
- Google is releasing a USB-C Titan security key - The Verge
Energy & Sustainability
- Applications open for sustainability fellows program, Carbon Fund grants - UC Santa Cruz
- Solar Power for Iranian Nomads - Financial Tribune
- California solar power developer opens local office - Buffalo News
- Man wants to make and sell solar power in Potsdam - WWNY
- CoreSite Issues 2018 Corporate Sustainability Report | Business & Finance - Manchestertimes