Welcome to the SSCS Industry News, where we will bring you the latest trends in semiconductor design and manufacturing, as well as applications for our products. We hope you will find this useful as an SSCS member. We are looking forward for your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stefan Rusu, TSMC North America
Industry Leader Profile - Andreia Cathelin
Andreia Cathelin (M’04, SM’11) started her electronic studies at the Polytechnic Institute of Bucarest, Romania and graduated from the Institut Supérieur d’Electronique du Nord (ISEN), Lille, France in 1994. In 1998 and 2013 respectively, she received her PhD and “habilitation à diriger des recherches” (France's highest academic degree) from the Université de Lille 1, France.
In 1997, she worked at Info Technologies, Gradignan, France, working on analog and RF communications design. Since 1998, she has been with STMicroelectronics, Crolles, France, now in Technology R&D, as a Senior Member of the Technical Staff. Her major fields of interest are in the area of RF/mmW/THz systems for communications and imaging. She is leading and driving research in such advanced topics by supervising internal company PhD’s and through cooperation with major universities around the world. She has also managed activities in the ST-CMP operation (the CMP is an independent organization offering small series foundry services for SME and research institutes). Finally she actively supports the promotion of all advanced technologies developed in the company.
Andreia is serving on several IEEE conferences and committees. She has been active with ISSCC for several years. In 2011 as a TPC member, RF sub-committee chair from 2012 to 2015, and currently Forums Chair and member of the Executive Committee. She is a member of the ESSCIRC TPC since 2005. Since September 2013, Andreia has been on the Steering Committee of the ESSCIRC-ESSDERC conferences, and she is currently the SC Chair. She is as well member of the experts’ team of the AERES (French Evaluation Agency for Research and Higher Education). She has been on the Technical Program Committees of VLSI Symposium on Circuits from 2010 till 2016, serving in 2016 as an officer. She has been Guest Editor of the IEEE JSSC Special Issue on VLSI Symposium in April 2016.
She has authored and co-authored 100 technical papers and 4 book chapters, and has filed more than 25 patents. Andreia is a co-recipient of the ISSCC 2012 Jan Van Vessem Award for Outstanding European Paper and of the ISSCC 2013 Jack Kilby Award for Outstanding Student Paper. She is also the winner of the 2012 STMicroelectronics Technology Council Innovation Prize.
The 60GHz transceiver test-chip resulting of a joint research between STMicroelectronics and CEA-Leti to which Andreia has actively participated has been selected as cover photo for the International Seventh Edition (Oxford University Press 2016) of the famous Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith Microelectronics Circuits book.
She is an elected member of the IEEE SSCS Adcom for the term January 2015 to December 2017.
Outside of work, Andreia has numerous hobbies: hiking and skiing with her family, spending precious family time in cultural trips around the world, and finally singing in a choir.
- Replicated: Demand for on-premises software equally as strong as SaaS - VentureBeat
- Intel to Invest $3.5 Billion to Scale Up Advanced Packaging Operations - Electronic Design
- Pride Movie Nights at Oracle Park to feature ‘In the Heights’ - East Bay Times
- Today In B2B: PAAS Brings Expense Management Tactics To AP; Food Retailers Reinstate Supplier Fees - pymnts.com
- Gigabyte unveils new Brix mini-PCs with Intel Jasper Lake processors in 0.68-litre chassis - Notebookcheck.net
- Samsung Unveils Industry-First Memory Module Incorporating New CXL Interconnect Standard - Business Wire
- Mini Motherboard Market To Witness Huge Growth By 2026 | Advantech, Intel, Tyan – The Shotcaller - The Shotcaller
- Take off a cool $100 on the Samsung 27-inch Curved Gaming Monitor - iLounge
- U.S. Capitol Police Intel Deemed Inadequate Ahead of Jan. 6 Siege - Courthouse News Service
- Samsung Shoots for High-performance Computing with 2.5D High-bandwidth Memory - News - All About Circuits
Internet of Things
- IoT in Construction Market Size 2021, Analysis By Leading Keyplayers | Caterpilla, Oracle, Hitachi, Calamp, Sigfox, Autodesk – KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper
- IoT Batteries Market May Set New Growth Story | Energizer, Cymbet, Panasonic – The Shotcaller - The Shotcaller
- Internet of Things (IoT) Software Market Size 2021, Analysis By Leading Keyplayers | Cisco Systems, Inc., Bosch Software Innovations Gmbh, General Electric, Google Inc., Amazon Web Services – KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper
- 'Internet Of Things' Devices Sold Strongly Through Pandemic In Australia – channelnews - ChannelNews
- Connectivity Platforms for IoT Devices Market: Segmentation & Key Futuristic 2021-2027| Alexa Reports – KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper
- Google Cloud And CrowdStrike Deepen Security Integrations - CRN
- Google Cofounder Sergey Brin Just Sold Alphabet Shares For The First Time Since 2017 - Forbes
- How to use Spotify on your Apple Watch to play music or control playback - Business Insider India
- Apple Inc. stock falls Monday, underperforms market - MarketWatch
- Jamie Bell To Co-Star Opposite Elisabeth Moss In Apple’s ‘Shining Girls’ - Deadline
Energy & Sustainability
- Westford group presents info session on solar power - Wicked Local
- $733M fiscal 2022 Worcester budget funds reforms, sustainability efforts, parks - Worcester Telegram
- Ikea Plans To Invest $4.8 Billion In Renewable Energy By 2030 - Intelligent Living
- Amazon raises $1 billion sustainable bond for climate, social causes - Reuters
- This multi-purpose Anker flashlight has a rechargeable battery—and it's less than $20 - USA TODAY