Welcome to the SSCS Industry News, where we will bring you the latest trends in semiconductor design and manufacturing, as well as applications for our products. We hope you will find this useful as an SSCS member. We are looking forward for your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stefan Rusu, TSMC North America
Industry Leader Profile - Andreia Cathelin
Andreia Cathelin (M’04, SM’11) started her electronic studies at the Polytechnic Institute of Bucarest, Romania and graduated from the Institut Supérieur d’Electronique du Nord (ISEN), Lille, France in 1994. In 1998 and 2013 respectively, she received her PhD and “habilitation à diriger des recherches” (France's highest academic degree) from the Université de Lille 1, France.
In 1997, she worked at Info Technologies, Gradignan, France, working on analog and RF communications design. Since 1998, she has been with STMicroelectronics, Crolles, France, now in Technology R&D, as a Senior Member of the Technical Staff. Her major fields of interest are in the area of RF/mmW/THz systems for communications and imaging. She is leading and driving research in such advanced topics by supervising internal company PhD’s and through cooperation with major universities around the world. She has also managed activities in the ST-CMP operation (the CMP is an independent organization offering small series foundry services for SME and research institutes). Finally she actively supports the promotion of all advanced technologies developed in the company.
Andreia is serving on several IEEE conferences and committees. She has been active with ISSCC for several years. In 2011 as a TPC member, RF sub-committee chair from 2012 to 2015, and currently Forums Chair and member of the Executive Committee. She is a member of the ESSCIRC TPC since 2005. Since September 2013, Andreia has been on the Steering Committee of the ESSCIRC-ESSDERC conferences, and she is currently the SC Chair. She is as well member of the experts’ team of the AERES (French Evaluation Agency for Research and Higher Education). She has been on the Technical Program Committees of VLSI Symposium on Circuits from 2010 till 2016, serving in 2016 as an officer. She has been Guest Editor of the IEEE JSSC Special Issue on VLSI Symposium in April 2016.
She has authored and co-authored 100 technical papers and 4 book chapters, and has filed more than 25 patents. Andreia is a co-recipient of the ISSCC 2012 Jan Van Vessem Award for Outstanding European Paper and of the ISSCC 2013 Jack Kilby Award for Outstanding Student Paper. She is also the winner of the 2012 STMicroelectronics Technology Council Innovation Prize.
The 60GHz transceiver test-chip resulting of a joint research between STMicroelectronics and CEA-Leti to which Andreia has actively participated has been selected as cover photo for the International Seventh Edition (Oxford University Press 2016) of the famous Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith Microelectronics Circuits book.
She is an elected member of the IEEE SSCS Adcom for the term January 2015 to December 2017.
Outside of work, Andreia has numerous hobbies: hiking and skiing with her family, spending precious family time in cultural trips around the world, and finally singing in a choir.
- Tony Kushner, Oracle of the Upper West Side - The New York Times
- Indian SaaS revolution: Scaling new heights on the global stage - YourStory.com
- Boqii Announces Strategic Partnership with Leading Pet Hospital SAAS Solution Provider Evetsoft to Empower Veterinary Hospitals with Stable Supply Chain - PRNewswire
- Indias public cloud services market to reach $10.8 bn by 2025: IDC - Business Standard
- How Maxim’s Group is using Oracle Cloud - ComputerWeekly.com
- Samsung November 2021 security update is rolling out now to these Galaxy devices - 9to5Google
- Taiwan's political, business giants celebrate TSMC founder's 90th birthday - Taiwan News
- The best 150+ deals you can get at Walmart this Cyber Monday—Save on AirPods, Samsung TVs and more - USA TODAY
- Tesla Model Y Switches From Intel to AMD Ryzen Processors - Tom's Hardware
- Samsung could launch smaller, more affordable MicroLED TVs next year using LTPS tech - SamMobile
Internet of Things
- 1NCE Appoints Ivo Rook as Chief Operating Officer USA - English - PRNewswire
- Ericsson Mobility Report: Mobile data traffic increased almost 300-fold over 10 years - Ericsson
- Webinar: Digi-Key, Truphone talk eSIM technology for IoT - Electronics Weekly
- University of Essex to evaluate InnOvaTe IoT projects - UKAuthority.com
- New Amazon integration enables simple and secure IoT device updates - SiliconANGLE News
- Best Cyber Monday deals on Google products - The Verge
- Apple announces third annual Apple Music Award winners - Apple Newsroom
- Last Chance Cyber-Monday Deal: reMarkable 2 Tablet - Forbes
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo shared intel from sources with Gov. Cuomo’s top aide: NY Attorney General - New York Daily News
- Small news publishers band together in negotiations with tech giants Google, Facebook - ABC News
Energy & Sustainability
- DARE - The Neath Port Talbot Decarbonisation and Renewable Energy Strategy – Neath Port Talbot Council - Neath Port Talbot Council
- Google Buys Offshore Wind Power from Ørsted | Offshore Wind - Offshore WIND
- BASF announces new renewable energy subsidiary - Power Engineering International
- Boosting Investment In The New And Renewable Energy Sector The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs And The Ministry Of Energy And Mineral Resources Holds An International Webinar | Portal Kementerian Luar Negeri Republik Indonesia - Kementerian Luar Negeri
- Sustainability: From inception to mainstream - Top1000funds.com