Welcome to the SSCS Industry News, where we will bring you the latest trends in semiconductor design and manufacturing, as well as applications for our products. We hope you will find this useful as an SSCS member. We are looking forward for your feedback at email@example.com.
Stefan Rusu, TSMC North America
Industry Leader Profile - Andreia Cathelin
Andreia Cathelin (M’04, SM’11) started her electronic studies at the Polytechnic Institute of Bucarest, Romania and graduated from the Institut Supérieur d’Electronique du Nord (ISEN), Lille, France in 1994. In 1998 and 2013 respectively, she received her PhD and “habilitation à diriger des recherches” (France's highest academic degree) from the Université de Lille 1, France.
In 1997, she worked at Info Technologies, Gradignan, France, working on analog and RF communications design. Since 1998, she has been with STMicroelectronics, Crolles, France, now in Technology R&D, as a Senior Member of the Technical Staff. Her major fields of interest are in the area of RF/mmW/THz systems for communications and imaging. She is leading and driving research in such advanced topics by supervising internal company PhD’s and through cooperation with major universities around the world. She has also managed activities in the ST-CMP operation (the CMP is an independent organization offering small series foundry services for SME and research institutes). Finally she actively supports the promotion of all advanced technologies developed in the company.
Andreia is serving on several IEEE conferences and committees. She has been active with ISSCC for several years. In 2011 as a TPC member, RF sub-committee chair from 2012 to 2015, and currently Forums Chair and member of the Executive Committee. She is a member of the ESSCIRC TPC since 2005. Since September 2013, Andreia has been on the Steering Committee of the ESSCIRC-ESSDERC conferences, and she is currently the SC Chair. She is as well member of the experts’ team of the AERES (French Evaluation Agency for Research and Higher Education). She has been on the Technical Program Committees of VLSI Symposium on Circuits from 2010 till 2016, serving in 2016 as an officer. She has been Guest Editor of the IEEE JSSC Special Issue on VLSI Symposium in April 2016.
She has authored and co-authored 100 technical papers and 4 book chapters, and has filed more than 25 patents. Andreia is a co-recipient of the ISSCC 2012 Jan Van Vessem Award for Outstanding European Paper and of the ISSCC 2013 Jack Kilby Award for Outstanding Student Paper. She is also the winner of the 2012 STMicroelectronics Technology Council Innovation Prize.
The 60GHz transceiver test-chip resulting of a joint research between STMicroelectronics and CEA-Leti to which Andreia has actively participated has been selected as cover photo for the International Seventh Edition (Oxford University Press 2016) of the famous Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith Microelectronics Circuits book.
She is an elected member of the IEEE SSCS Adcom for the term January 2015 to December 2017.
Outside of work, Andreia has numerous hobbies: hiking and skiing with her family, spending precious family time in cultural trips around the world, and finally singing in a choir.
- Shield Builds on Success with Nagios for IBM i - IT Jungle
- Alibaba Cloud to bring its AI PaaS out from behind the Great Firewall - The Register
- IBM Zero Trust Training Information Session - North Carolina A&T
- Guide: SaaS Offboarding Checklist - Help Net Security
- Oracle Corp. Japan Shares Rise Sharply After Quarterly Profit ... - Morningstar
- Despite 10% higher sales, Samsung reportedly cuts production ... - PhoneArena
- 3rd Wing sets intel standards at William Tell 2023 - jber.jb.mil
- KDDI and Samsung Form 5G Global Network Slicing Alliance - Samsung
- Intel Innovation Event And Meteor Lake Chip Signal A Turnaround Has Begun - Forbes
- Cowboys changing signals vs. Patriots to guard against ex-player intel - NBC Sports Boston
Internet of Things
- 2023 Internet of Things (IoT) Software Market Research Reveals Key Insights Driving Industry Evolution - Benzinga
- By 2030 Internet of Things Integration Market Business Expansion | Exclusive Analysis - Benzinga
- 2023 District Energy Management IOT and Software Market Research Reveals Key Insights Driving Industry Ev - Benzinga
- By 2030 IoT Develop Service Market Business Expansion | Exclusive Analysis - Benzinga
- By 2030 IoT Security Solution for Identity and Access Management (IAM) Market Business Expansion | Exclus - Benzinga
- China lists mobile app stores that comply with new rule, but Apple ... - Reuters
- Apple's Supply Chain Is on a Collision Course With Climate Change - Bloomberg
- Shocking moment brazen masked kids LOOT Footlocker, Lululemon and Apple stores as Philadelphia descends into a - Daily Mail
- Ex-Apple designer Ive, OpenAI's Altman discuss AI hardware -The ... - Reuters
- Apple Stock: The Next 2 Weeks Will Be Critical, Says Morgan ... - TipRanks
Energy & Sustainability
- Sustainability and responsible business update - Ericsson
- Oxford University Scholars Promote Sustainability Using Kazakh ... - Astana Times
- Study says Ann Arbor has several "plausible" but "challenging ... - Michigan Radio
- The CGF Supply Chain Conference 2023 Concludes Bringing ... - The Consumer Goods Forum
- ASMSU discusses sustainability, tuition charges, public comment at ... - The State News