Welcome to the SSCS Industry News, where we will bring you the latest trends in semiconductor design and manufacturing, as well as applications for our products. We hope you will find this useful as an SSCS member. We are looking forward for your feedback at email@example.com.
Stefan Rusu, TSMC North America
Industry Leader Profile - Andreia Cathelin
Andreia Cathelin (M’04, SM’11) started her electronic studies at the Polytechnic Institute of Bucarest, Romania and graduated from the Institut Supérieur d’Electronique du Nord (ISEN), Lille, France in 1994. In 1998 and 2013 respectively, she received her PhD and “habilitation à diriger des recherches” (France's highest academic degree) from the Université de Lille 1, France.
In 1997, she worked at Info Technologies, Gradignan, France, working on analog and RF communications design. Since 1998, she has been with STMicroelectronics, Crolles, France, now in Technology R&D, as a Senior Member of the Technical Staff. Her major fields of interest are in the area of RF/mmW/THz systems for communications and imaging. She is leading and driving research in such advanced topics by supervising internal company PhD’s and through cooperation with major universities around the world. She has also managed activities in the ST-CMP operation (the CMP is an independent organization offering small series foundry services for SME and research institutes). Finally she actively supports the promotion of all advanced technologies developed in the company.
Andreia is serving on several IEEE conferences and committees. She has been active with ISSCC for several years. In 2011 as a TPC member, RF sub-committee chair from 2012 to 2015, and currently Forums Chair and member of the Executive Committee. She is a member of the ESSCIRC TPC since 2005. Since September 2013, Andreia has been on the Steering Committee of the ESSCIRC-ESSDERC conferences, and she is currently the SC Chair. She is as well member of the experts’ team of the AERES (French Evaluation Agency for Research and Higher Education). She has been on the Technical Program Committees of VLSI Symposium on Circuits from 2010 till 2016, serving in 2016 as an officer. She has been Guest Editor of the IEEE JSSC Special Issue on VLSI Symposium in April 2016.
She has authored and co-authored 100 technical papers and 4 book chapters, and has filed more than 25 patents. Andreia is a co-recipient of the ISSCC 2012 Jan Van Vessem Award for Outstanding European Paper and of the ISSCC 2013 Jack Kilby Award for Outstanding Student Paper. She is also the winner of the 2012 STMicroelectronics Technology Council Innovation Prize.
The 60GHz transceiver test-chip resulting of a joint research between STMicroelectronics and CEA-Leti to which Andreia has actively participated has been selected as cover photo for the International Seventh Edition (Oxford University Press 2016) of the famous Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith Microelectronics Circuits book.
She is an elected member of the IEEE SSCS Adcom for the term January 2015 to December 2017.
Outside of work, Andreia has numerous hobbies: hiking and skiing with her family, spending precious family time in cultural trips around the world, and finally singing in a choir.
- AVEVA launches cloud-based learning solution for industrial workforce - IT Brief Australia
- Xiaomi Redmi G 2021 (Intel) Price (22 Sep 2021) Specification & Reviews । Xiaomi Laptops - NDTV
- Redmi G 2021 Gaming Laptop With 144Hz Display, 11th Gen Intel Core i5 and AMD Ryzen 7 Processors Launched - Gadgets 360
- SAP partner Mindtree hires IBM's Dominic Del Giudice as APAC business chief - ARNnet
- Huge hack of web services provider Epik could be 'Rosetta Stone to the far-right' - The Week Magazine
- Samsung Galaxy S22 size comparison image has me reaching for my wallet - T3
- Redmi G 2021 gaming notebook launched in Intel and AMD variants - gizmochina
- Hedge Funds Are Dumping Intel Corporation (INTC) - Yahoo Finance
- US intel officer on trip to India suffers Havana syndrome - Times of India
- Samsung Electronics Wins 48 Awards at IDEA 2021 – Samsung Global Newsroom - Samsung Global Newsroom
Internet of Things
- OQ Technology Reveals And Improves Satellite Communications In The US And Europe With Patent Portfolio – SatNews - SatNews Publishers
- Inmarsat research notes COVID-19-inspired uptick in mining's use of IoT - International Mining
- “Eye” in the sky: IoT powers vaccine delivery blitz - DC Velocity
- IoT Management System Market Size, Growth And Analysis By Leading Keyplayers – Aws, Particle, Google Cloud Iot, Azure – Stillwater Current - Stillwater Current
- IoT Analytics State of IoT report details trends and overview of the IoT vendor landscape - iTWire
- iPhone 13 review: Familiarity is part of the phone's charm - CNET
- The Ancient Gilgamesh Dream Tablet Will Be Returned To Iraq - NPR
- Commentary: Smartphones last longer so why do some people still upgrade theirs each year? - CNA
- Apple picking underway at Star Orchard in the Town of Holland - Fox11online.com
- The Pixel 6 may have leaked and not at the hands of Google for once - The Verge
Energy & Sustainability
- When it comes to renewable energy in emerging markets, it’s all about the basics - Times Now
- Enel Places $4.1 Bln Sustainability-Linked Bond - MarketWatch
- New Report Maps Out Blueprint for Circular Fashion Economy in U.K. - WWD
- Salesforce announces its operations are powered entirely by renewable energy - IT Brief Australia
- SSE Backs Top Power Execs With New UK Renewable Energy Group - POWER magazine