Welcome to the SSCS Industry News, where we will bring you the latest trends in semiconductor design and manufacturing, as well as applications for our products. We hope you will find this useful as an SSCS member. We are looking forward for your feedback at email@example.com.
Stefan Rusu, TSMC North America
Industry Leader Profile - Andreia Cathelin
Andreia Cathelin (M’04, SM’11) started her electronic studies at the Polytechnic Institute of Bucarest, Romania and graduated from the Institut Supérieur d’Electronique du Nord (ISEN), Lille, France in 1994. In 1998 and 2013 respectively, she received her PhD and “habilitation à diriger des recherches” (France's highest academic degree) from the Université de Lille 1, France.
In 1997, she worked at Info Technologies, Gradignan, France, working on analog and RF communications design. Since 1998, she has been with STMicroelectronics, Crolles, France, now in Technology R&D, as a Senior Member of the Technical Staff. Her major fields of interest are in the area of RF/mmW/THz systems for communications and imaging. She is leading and driving research in such advanced topics by supervising internal company PhD’s and through cooperation with major universities around the world. She has also managed activities in the ST-CMP operation (the CMP is an independent organization offering small series foundry services for SME and research institutes). Finally she actively supports the promotion of all advanced technologies developed in the company.
Andreia is serving on several IEEE conferences and committees. She has been active with ISSCC for several years. In 2011 as a TPC member, RF sub-committee chair from 2012 to 2015, and currently Forums Chair and member of the Executive Committee. She is a member of the ESSCIRC TPC since 2005. Since September 2013, Andreia has been on the Steering Committee of the ESSCIRC-ESSDERC conferences, and she is currently the SC Chair. She is as well member of the experts’ team of the AERES (French Evaluation Agency for Research and Higher Education). She has been on the Technical Program Committees of VLSI Symposium on Circuits from 2010 till 2016, serving in 2016 as an officer. She has been Guest Editor of the IEEE JSSC Special Issue on VLSI Symposium in April 2016.
She has authored and co-authored 100 technical papers and 4 book chapters, and has filed more than 25 patents. Andreia is a co-recipient of the ISSCC 2012 Jan Van Vessem Award for Outstanding European Paper and of the ISSCC 2013 Jack Kilby Award for Outstanding Student Paper. She is also the winner of the 2012 STMicroelectronics Technology Council Innovation Prize.
The 60GHz transceiver test-chip resulting of a joint research between STMicroelectronics and CEA-Leti to which Andreia has actively participated has been selected as cover photo for the International Seventh Edition (Oxford University Press 2016) of the famous Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith Microelectronics Circuits book.
She is an elected member of the IEEE SSCS Adcom for the term January 2015 to December 2017.
Outside of work, Andreia has numerous hobbies: hiking and skiing with her family, spending precious family time in cultural trips around the world, and finally singing in a choir.
- Warriors Announce Oracle as Team Performance Center Partner - Warriors.com
- Data breaches are expensive – $4.24M per incident, says IBM study - WRAL Tech Wire
- CharmHealth, MedicalMine Inc.'s Cloud-Based Platform, Launches Revolutionary Smart Navigation, a Natural Language Interface to Patient Records and Practice Management - PRNewswire
- Banner Engineering Partners With Amazon Web Services - Manufacturing.net
- Solid first half performance. Strong SaaS growth. At least 10% full-year profitable growth objective reaffirmed. - Yahoo Finance
- Get a refurbished pair of Samsung's Galaxy Buds Live for the cost of a PS5 game - Android Police
- SoFi Stadium christens signature video board The Infinity Screen by Samsung - Insidethegames.biz
- Unannounced LTE-enabled Samsung Galaxy Chromebook Go passes through FCC - Chrome Unboxed
- Best cheap Samsung phones - WPRI.com
- Samsung teases the Galaxy Z Fold 3 ahead of its official announcement - TechRadar
Internet of Things
- oneM2M Invites Contributions on Future Roadmap for Standards Based IoT Systems - AiThority
- IoT and environment: The municipality of Carini adopts Italtel technology for the monitoring of wood fires - Total Telecom
- SASE does not fully support IoT security - Floridanewstimes.com
- Remote work, IoT expected to help balloon data center market - Construction Dive
- Recon subsidiary along with G7 IOT to empower the logistics industry - Seeking Alpha
- Google Mandates Vaccines for Workers and Delays Return to Office - The New York Times
- Apple (AAPL) Crushes Earnings Estimates: What's Next? - Investopedia
- Google shows off Play Store’s upcoming data privacy section - The Verge
- US STOCKS-Google lifts Nasdaq as focus turns to Fed - Reuters
- Analysis: Apple, AMD navigate chip shortage with focus on profitable products - Reuters
Energy & Sustainability
- How Home Depot Conducts a Materiality Assessment to Prioritize and Address Sustainability Issues - Environment + Energy Leader
- Nofar Energy, one of Israel's leading renewable energy companies, acquired 67% of the rights to Blue Sky Utility for a total consideration of $91M. - Yahoo Eurosport UK
- The Times hosts renewable energy forum - The Manila Times
- Repurposing closed landfills to alleviate constrained budgets and meet sustainability goals - American City & County
- Biomass - World Finance Says Enviva Most Sustainable Biomass Company - Renewable Energy Magazine