How to Fill Out and Submit a DL Expense Report
- When arranging travel and requesting reimbursement, DLs are required to follow the Expense Reimbursement Guidelines for IEEE Volunteers. These procedures are standard across IEEE.
- Intended to respect your valuable time and energy, these procedures also ensure that any internal examination finds records that make IEEE and SSCS look consistently correct.
- Many particulars of the IEEE process are mandated by US tax law. Even if a DL visit took place outside the US, IEEE’s Certificate of Incorporation is filed in the US and its tax-exempt status is described under US Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3.)
- Please complete your reimbursement request within 21 days from the last day of travel.
How to Request Reimbursement
- The travel reimbursement form is no longer used. It has been replaced by the NextGen Expense Reimbursement Tool. Reimbursement requests using the form can no longer be processed.
- Instructions on using the NextGen Expense Reimbursement Tool, including registering and creating an account, using the mobile app, and receiving electronic reimbursements, are available here.
- Please direct any requests for assistance or questions with the NextGen Expense Reimbursement Tool, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the original receipt original for each expense over $25.00 USD.
- When expenses are being shared with another organization and IEEE is requested to reimburse only a portion, legible photocopies are acceptable.
- Sharing Costs: When you pay for a travel companion and want reimbursement for only your portion of the bill, write the calculated portion to be reimbursed on the form. This helps internal IEEE accountants match receipts to figures on your form.
· There is no longer a requirement to submit multiple reports if multiple currencies were used on a trip. Simply choose the currency that was used for each transaction from the Currency dropdown. The NextGen Expense Reimbursement Tool will automatically convert to your preferred currency.
If you have any questions regarding what to include in an expense report, please contact Ashley Seda (email@example.com). All questions about how to use, or functionality of, the NextGen Expense Reimbursement Tool, should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.