SSCS Student AdCom Representative
Attention SSCS Student Members!
The IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society’s (SSCS) governing body, it's Administrative Committee (AdCom), is planning to add a student representative for the first time in 2022.
The AdCom is responsible for setting new directions in publications, conferences, educational initiatives, and much more. SSCS leadership would like to include student perspectives and ideas more directly in creating new programming. The student representative on AdCom will participate in setting the direction of our field for years to come. He/she will benefit via excellent networking and leadership experiences, working alongside international leaders in the circuits area. We are seeking nominations (either self-nominations, or by faculty advisors) from highly enthusiastic student members who wish to share their ideas with SSCS leadership on an ongoing basis.
Applications can be submitted here: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/3824cea8d545490aba05f25a14f5226c
Application Deadline: November 1, 2021
- Two year term, starting Jan 1, 2022.
- Ideally seeking PhD students with approximately 2-3 years remaining in their programs.
- Student rep will be expected to attend two annual meetings, one held at ISSCC (travel support provided) and the other at VLSI/ESSCIRC (virtual attendance acceptable)
- Student rep will be assigned a formal mentor within SSCS leadership
- Student rep will be expected to provide annual feedback on the program, to improve and shape the way SSCS receives input from its younger members
- The nominee must be an SSCS Student Member
- Nominations can be made by either faculty (e.g., advisor), or by the candidate themselves.
If you have any questions, please reach out to: email@example.com.