Applying for Technical Cosponsorship
A Message for Conference Organizers
To Request SSCS Sponsorship
Using Technical Cosponsorship
Utilize SSCS to Publicize your Technical Cosponsored Conference
Once SSCS has agreed to be a technical cosponsor of a conference, here's how Conference Organizers can utilize the benefits of that approval.
1. Run your Call for Papers (CFP) in the JSSC
- Send a ONE page 18 x 23.7 cm formatted in Microsoft Word to the SSCS Administrator,Lauren Caruso. Please format the CFP as one page filler for the Journal. Calls For Papers originally laid out as a postal mailing almost always will require the conference to reformat for use in the JSSC. A CFP is run as space is available and we cannot guarantee your CFP will be included in any issue-month.
- The CFP must arrive one full month before the target issue
2. Run publicity articles about the conference in the quarterly Solid-State Circuits Magazine
- Send articles no longer than 700 words with one illustration to Lauren Caruso.
- Deadlines for Magazine issues are Jan 1 for Spring, April 1 for Summer, July 1 for Fall, Oct 1 for winter.
3. Be listed in the SSCS conference calendar
- SSCS publicity list is based on the IEEE Conference Information Schedule. The conference organizer should complete this web-based entry form as early as the date, location, one contact person and one approved sponsor are known.
- Your conference will be listed on SSCS Conferences home page, as soon as the Conference Information Schedule is filled out. Check before you start a form in case the conference is already listed. To add missing information or correct it;
- send email to IEEE Conference Services,
- in the subject field use the IEEE unique Conference Code Number listed on the SSCS Conferences home page.
- in the email message indicate the new information you want added e.g. the deadline for paper or abstract information or new meeting dates or location.
4. If your financial sponsor has not started anMOUwith SSCS, please begin the process using current approved IEEE templates.
5. Use the SSCS logo on your web page, advance program, proceedings or any other conference publicity or publications.
- Be careful not to distort the aspect ratio as designed in the original file. Download logos here.
6. Order postal address mail lists for your use. You may ask the IEEE conference services to mail your brochures with special US discount rates for non-profits. Since these mailings may take longer, they will require longer lead times and advance planning. To take advantage of Society publications as platforms for publicizing your conference, please plan your publicity in advance.